Saturday, September 26, 2009

what I know...

The positive feedback for art-vend has been fantastic and I'm really looking forward to receiving every one's artworks over the next few weeks. But before I get caught, I'm going to admit that while I came up with art-vend independently, google serves to trump everyone who thinks they have an original idea. Matt LeClair of www.callithump.org has a wonderful site about vending machines which dispense art other than art-vend, and has graciously agreed to add me to his page. So the least I can do is direct you to his. art-vend should be up as an artist run initiative on www.crawl.net.au very soon too, another site worth directing visitors of this site to. The scoop lately is that art-vend will be hitting the road after the Big West Festival, firstly for a stint at the Kingston Arts Centre in Moorabbin, then for a spell at Off the Kerb gallery in Collingwood. The dates for these two residencies will be confirmed over the coming weeks, so while work is being accepted for the Big West Festival right now, I'll be accepting submissions beyond those dates (nov 20-29) and beyond and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment